The mission of the ICT Career Centre is to assist ICT professionals and ICT graduates to seek employment and other opportunities to use and enhance their skills.
The Centre will provide information about a range of opportunities and links which contains useful resources and support networks to its users. It may also operate new support programmes that complement those existing mechanisms being provided by the Government, NGOs and the commercial sector.
The Hong Kong ICT Human Resources Consortium comprises the following members organizations (in alphabetical order):
• Hong Kong Computer Society
• Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited
• Hong Kong Information Technology Joint Council
• The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers - Electronics Division
• Hong Kong Software Industry Association
• Hong Kong United Youth Science and Technology Association
• Hong Kong Wireless Technology Industry Association
• Information and Software Industry Association
• Internet Professional Association
• Internet Society Hong Kong
The ICT Career Centre project is supported by Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO) of HKSARG. The ICT Career Centre will be the first ICT career builders' online community in Hong Kong. It is independent and also supported by major industry associations, IT vendors and recruitment agencies.
Through both online and offline activities, ICT Career Centre will create a win-win proposition that will benefit the overall Hong Kong economy, employers and job seekers by reducing ICT unemployment and increasing productivity.
The ICT Career Centre will organise its information and services under "pillars", each of which represents a category of opportunity that its clients can consider.
The pillars being planned are:
1. Finding a permanent and short-term contract job
2. Starting an IT business
3. IT Solution & Service Centre for SMEs
4. Becoming a self-employed IT consultant
5. Finding an internship
6. Creating Permanent Jobs
7. Getting training